Sunday, August 2, 2009

To Dance



Well it all started when I was thinking of a few manga ideas and one of which is based around a dancer. Then I thought to "research" it and try out dancing.
Also, I've been a casual viewer of the "So You Think You Can Dance" and while I'm enjoying the show, half the time I'm also thinking 'Hey, thats not hard.'

After abit of looking around, I found "Sydney Dance Company" which holds regular casual classes. I attended one Beginners Contemporary class and found it enjoyable. I chose contemporary cause its most related to the story I'm thinking up so yeah. It was a great place for professional to practice and people new to dancing to try things out but the fact that the place was all the way up north of the city, it isn't easy to go to.

I then found "The Chatswood Dance Studio" where I started contemporary on a regular basis since Jan 2009 and also my instructor is Vanessa Sew Hoy of the Top 6 from the first season of "So You Think You Can Dance". The place is great and convenient.

I then went to "Australian Dance Festival" as a performer choreographed by Vanessa.
http://yine-hea.blogspot.com/2009/06/blogging-back.html

A few weeks ago I started Salsa, also in Chatswood Dance, and by now I'm just doing Contemporary and Salsa for fun. As a sport, I am now too busy with dancing but before, I've been looking for martial art schools. I'm still pro to martial arts but until I find the right art and place, I'll wait.

1 comment:

  1. When you find your martial art preference. do tell =D

    ReplyDelete