Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mini Review: Smokin' Aces


This movie was a hit for me after rewatchin' it but I dun exactly know why, maybe because the concept of the movie was just very appealing. Basically, Buddy 'Aces' Israel gets a bounty on his head for one million dollars and attracts all these mercernaries, assassins and bounty hunters, all pinned against each other (includin the FBI) to get him. Each of the characters were unique and colourful. ('if ur thinkin colour ur an idiot')

Jeremy Piven plays as Buddy Israel and his acting so damn right awesome. I've only remember him in a few roles usually as a comedian but this movie shows his more than B grade comedian. 'I have not seen Entourage'. Ryan Reynolds always a pleasure to watch, his always done good little roles here and there and also alot of 'indy films' which I think this movie was. Chris Pine, who played one of the assassins, is the guy who played James T. Kirk in the 2009 Star Trek film, which I liked.

Overall, I give this movie 4 of spade out of 5
'I couldnt say aces, thats the movie @_@'
The movie is a well structured and I don't see how it could be any better.
'but it cant get a 5'


No comments:

Post a Comment