Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Elderly

Today I went with my mother to visit Bernard Chan Nursing Home which is a nursing home for the elderly 'I think mainly chinese people'. My mother and a group of her friends from the Chinese Opera school she goes to went to visit and sing to the residents and I went along mainly for the purpose of transport.

Being in their presents, my feelings were mixed and was confused with my morality. Their motor skills were obviously not too great and most of them were not exactly in a cheerful state. Its nice to see such a place that takes care of these people but I can't help to feel that they'd all be alot happier with their family. My grandma lives with us and she's a very active senior for 94 and the fact that we're all with her on a daily basis should be a positive thing.

As my mother has said to me, parents lovingly raised their kids and hope that they themselves wouldn't be forgotten and also cared about once their old.

No comments:

Post a Comment