Sunday, April 19, 2009

Movie Review: The Terminator

I've seen Terminator 2: Judgement Day like a thousand times and only seen The Terminator about half a dozen times back 10yrs ago. So when I saw that it was on TV friday night, I just had to watch it since I'm so hyped for Terminater Salvation.

[story]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Terminator#Plot

[story]

Character
_+ The Terminator is the 'I R SERIOUS' bad azz throughtout the whole movie
_+ Sara Connor? She doesn't exactly 'evolve' in this movie that much but we all know what happens in 2 XD
_+ Kyle Reese, he is so Solid Snake XD.. but yeh he was a good hero character that gets given a background story
_+ All good, no overacting like the 3rd movie..



Plot
_+ Amazing for its time, not sure if it was the first 'robots taking over the world' movie but it was definatly responsible for the popularity of the genre
_+ Everything is explained clearly, Kyle wastes no time with details

Action
_+ Good old school gun action...
_+ The car chases was alright..

Final Thought
With all the Sci-Fi movies showing at the time, I'm suprised that they didn't just make a movie about the future but James Cameron thought out of the box and created such a classic. As a movie it was very straight forward and didn't make you think too much outside of the plot. This is a pretty bad review, considering that there really isn't much shits to talk about it.

meh.. Overall I give it 4 Sarah Connor's out of 5

why not 5 out of 5, 'cause even though its a great movie.. I don't feel compelled to watch it over and over again. Not exactly sure whats missing, maybe because it was a 1980 film...

'next I'd be reviewing Ned Kelly starring late Heath Ledger that was showing last night'

No comments:

Post a Comment