Last saturday night, I was flicking through the channels to see what was on.. It was showing Hot Fuzz and Ned Kelly. My first thought was 'OMG Hot Fuzz, WOOT' but I have seen Hot Fuzz like a thousand times so i decided to watch Ned Kelly instead.
[Plot]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Kelly_(2003_film)#Plot
[Story]
_+ believable way of a man growing to become "Ned Kelly"
_- cops are always evil right?!
[Character]
_+ Heath Ledger did an alright job.. nothing too bad nor too good to mention
_+ Whats a Naomi Watts..? Oh the girl from King Kong (2005).. she was ok.. I guess
_- Orlando Bloom was being, well, Orlando Bloom.. the player that has sex with any female on screen
_- Geoffrey Rush, which I've only seen in Pirates of the Caribbean series, didn't really do much in this movie besides potraying the real life character
_+ 'I did find it funny however when his character yells FIRE.. thought I was watching Pirates XD'
[Action/Romance]
_+ Wasn't exactly Epic gun action but not too bad either...
_- The romance between Heath Ledger and Naomi Watts serves absolutely nothing to the plot at all, you could have cut their scenes out and the movie would've been the same (maybe even better)
_- The romance itself wasn't that good either, eg ZERO chemistry
[Final Thought]
After watching the movie I had to wiki about the real Ned Kelly and from the looks of it the movie was pretty historically accurate 'according to wikipedia'. For an aussie I really didn't know much about Ned Kelly.. Not exactly why this movie BOMBED in the box office, maybe 'cause it didn't really classify as a western film. There was alot of plot holes and useless moments throughout the film 'eg. the romance' but a alright pop-corn movie.
'therefore'
Overall I give it 3 trash-can-helmet out of 5
Next movie I may review would be Casshern (2004)
Although I might change how I'd be reviewing these movies
'I think I've pretty much completed Resident Evil 5 as much as I can and I could review it.. but how do you review a game... its so much more complicated than movies'
No comments:
Post a Comment