'WARNING, PRETTY DANG LONG'
So on the night I went to watch DragonBall Evolution in the city, I went to my car to go home after dinner and what-not. On the way there, on the side of the walk-way a 40-60 ish old lady in a wheel-chair of some sort asks for me to borrow my phone.
'Yeah, I'm bad with assuming ages...'
'Also I said "wheel-chair of some sort" because its the ones with small even sized wheels, so the person can't move on their own at all...'
I let the stranger use my phone. She said she'll make a quick call or something, I can't clearly remember. She kept saying "sorry", "I need a place to stay", something about her mother died and cried abit while on the phone. Eventually my phone ran out of credit. She'd then ask me to push her around the corners of the streets.
'From what I can assume, she couldn't find a place to stay after a few calls, so shes pondering about sleeping somewhere on the streets...'
The street corners however were close to Tram-Rails so she'd won't get any sleep if she had stayed. She also got uneased when she saw drunken teenagers walking around the streets going nuts. Throughout this time she's been asking for help like she did to me to other passing people asking if they'd have a phone she could use. Most of the time they'd ignore her or say they don't have one.
'Got to say, alot of people don't have phones *COUGH*'
Then someone stopped and said they had a phone. While she was on the phone, I assume was finding places to stay, the guy and I started chatting. The guy was from Hobart and came to Sydney for a holiday. So yeh, talk and talk to kill time. During these times, the lady asked us to hail a taxi for her and specifically for those long ones 'cause of her chair. We kept hawling taxi's but she's always not ready to get on and the drivers don't want to wait.
'I'm not sure if I'm using the words "hail" and "hawling" correctly but you get the gist of it right'
Every now and then the guy asks for the lady if she'd be any longer. He tells me his not in a hurry but is abit worried about his PrePaid-credit-phone. So eventually she insists the guy that he could go but that I should stay. By this time, I've been with the lady for a well 40mins, and the guy's been here for 10mins. The guy offered to stay and for me to leave but the lady kept saying he could go.
'I think she wanted the guy to leave 'cause he apparently complained too much while I pretty much said nothing...'
'This was later proven when the guy comes back around and asked of we're ok and she tells him to leave. While the guy walks further and looks back, the lady goes "Why is he still here, just go. So annoying."'
Well, eventually I was able to hawl a taxi with some help from other people walking by, and got her into it. While she gets on she'd ask the driver if he'd have a phone she could borrow which he replied yes. After getting her in, I made my leave to my car and after about 5mins of walking and driving, I went pass where the lady got on the taxi and they were still there. The lady is on the phone again and the taxi driver seems to have the patience to park there waiting.
Well, that was my late thursday night, I was there total of about an hour and most of the time I was just standing and waiting.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment